Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Bryan Slinker, PhD, DVM, Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Scott Maloney, MBA, Director of Innovation and Private Sector Research Engagement
A discussion on messaging, telling the story, and the reasons good communication moves mountains and poor communication is never heard.
- Strategic Communication
- Bruce Pinkleton, PhD, Dean of the Edward R Murrow College of Communication
- Scientific Communication
- Allison Coffin, PhD, Associate Professor of Neuroscience at WSU and Executive Director of Science Talk
- ACTIVITY ONE: Allison Coffin, PhD
An examination of audiences and why the same topic can (and should) be delivered many different ways. Also to include assessing the motivators of your audience.
- Panel Moderator: Ron Moser, MAOM, PCC, Business & Organizational Development Executive, Clinical Assistant Professor for the Scott and Linda Carson College of Business
- Academic Administrators
- Private Philanthropy
- Policy Makers/Legislators
-- 12:00 PM LUNCH and 12:30 PM KEYNOTE --
Working with examples on how to tactically message to specific groups for specific outcomes. Lessons learned in the field.
- Panel Moderator: Tom Kawula, PhD, Director of the Paul G Allen School for Global Animal Health
- Principal Investigators from WSU
Scott Maloney, MBA
-- NETWORKING RECEPTION --